This bowl of Apple pie baked oats, is such a hearty breakfast meal that I love to make when I have some extra time in the mornings. This is a great recipe to make at the weekend for your loved ones and family. Gluten-free and dairy-free with no refined sugar, and practically tastes like you are eating dessert for breakfast, is there anything better than that?
If you’ve been following me on Instagram for a while now you will know I have a thing for porridge, and baking, so it was only a matter of time until I started baking my porridge. The recipe is super simple and also great to make the night before, and then simply heat them up in the morning, or take them with you on the go if you are in a rush. Oats are incredibly cheap, and a fantastic source of carbs and fibre, they also contain more protein and fat than most grains.
The perfect Winter recipe to warm your belly, on those cold winter days. The recipe below is for one person, but simply adapt the ingredients for larger quantities. My favorite thing about these Apple Pie baked oats is the smell that surrounds your house as soon as you open your oven, so warm and comforting.
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup plant milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cooking apple chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and your pinch of salt.
- Add your plant milk of choice, vanilla, maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Microwave your apple until soft, and remove any excess liquid, and stir into the mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a small baking dish, and sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 25 minutes.